A century ago, the JCC of the Lehigh Valley was created to serve the needs of a growing Jewish community. We have established ourselves as a center of the social, cultural, and educational life surrounding the greater Lehigh Valley. The entire community has come to play, learn, exercise, socialize and share in the cultural wealth of our community.
The first JCC was located in a Victorian home at Sixth and Chew Streets in Allentown. Ten years later it was decided a larger building was needed to accommodate the quickly growing community. In 1928, a new structure was built at the same location. On September 11, 1955 groundbreaking began at the JCC's current home at the corner of Tilghman and 22nd Streets in Allentown and the center opened three years later.
In October 2018, the JCC celebrated its centennial with a series of events that brought the community together from far and wide. We are grateful for those who have been with us over our first century and are excited to meet those who will help us celebrate our next.