From our Hanukkah Festival to our Annual Purim Palooza Carnival, children's special events at the J are sure to be a hit for the whole family year-round. All of our programs and events are open to the community and everyone is invited. We welcome families of all walks of life here at the J.
|REQUEST MORE INFORMATION|
JCC Parent Panel
- Wednesdays | 8-9:30pm
- Wednesday, 12/9 - How to Maximize Time with Your Kids | Chelsea Busch
- Wednesday, 1/13 - How to Make Jewish Rituals Meaningful in a Secular World
- Wednesday, 1/27 - Sensory Processing - What's That?
- Wednesday, 2/10 - Developmental Milestones, Am I Missing Something?
- Wednesday, 2/24 - How to Navigate Holidays and Beliefs in an Interfaith Relationship
- Wednesday, 3/10 - How Your Diet Affects Your Brain
- Wednesday, 3/24 - How to Respond in the Heat of the Moment
Looking for answers to those burning parenting questions? Join the JCC for a virtual bi-weekly panel focusing on a variety of topics ranging from how to raise a child during a pandemic to finding ways to incorporate Jewish culture into everyday life and much more. Contact: Ally Wiener-Avraham ([email protected])
Pre-register to receive a Zoom link | Click here
[email protected] Celebrates Hanukkah
- Sunday, 12/6 | 3pm | Via Zoom | All Ages
Join us to read the book and PJ selection, “Hanukkah Bear” by Eric A. Kimmel. We will also be making a menorah craft. Kits can be picked up at the JCC between 11am and 1pm on Sunday, December 6. | REGISTER
Community Hanukkah Celebration and Candle Lighting
- Sunday, 12/13 | 5-6pm
- All Ages
- Free - PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Join us at the JCC of the Lehigh Valley outdoors on the lawn as we light the Hanukkah menorah. Enjoy Hanukkah music sung by our very own JCC kids, hot cocoa and hot latkes with a side of applesauce to go, and either sit out by your cars or bring a blanket to social distance on the lawn. Candle lighting will take place promptly at 5:30pm. *Watch comfortably from your own home on the JCC's Facebook page at facebook.com/JCCLV. Please note, the building will be closed and restroom facilities will not be available during the event. Masks must be worn at all times. Food may be taken to go or eaten in your vehicle.
Bagels & Bingo
- Friday, 12/25 | All Ages | 8 families per time slot
- First seating: 9-10:15am
- Second seating: 10:45am-12pm
- Price per family: $40 (One family includes parents and children living in the same household)
- *Advance registration is required by Thursday, 12/17.
Looking for something to do December 25th? Bring your family and friends and join us for our bagels, bingo and more! We will enjoy a socially distanced family style continental breakfast, while following our JCC’s Covid-19 protocols.
Monday Mornings with Morah Ally
- Mondays | 9-9:45am | Ages: 0-5
- 1/11 - 3/22 (11 weeks)
- Price per week: $12 | JCC Members: $10
Join Morah Ally every Monday morning for a special circle time including holiday songs alongside traditional Hebrew and English toddler tunes, games, and more. Contact: Ally Wiener-Avraham ([email protected]) | REGISTER
- Thursdays | 10:45-11:15am | Ages: 1-3
- 1/14 - 3/25 (11 weeks)
- Price per week: $15 | JCC Members: $12
- Fridays | 11:30am-12:15pm | Ages: 0-4
- Session 1: 1/15 - 2/5 (4 weeks)
- Session 2: 2/19 - 3/12 (4 weeks)
- Price per session: $75 | JCC Members: $65
Bond with your child as you play, sing, dance, learn, and giggle together with Ms. Lena Sandulova-Baeza of Sing N Move during this parent/child style class. Contact: Ally Wiener-Avraham ([email protected]) | REGISTER
Weekly Virtual Shabbat Parties
- Fridays | 9:30-10am | All Ages
- 9/4 - 12/18
Virtual Holiday Shabbat Parties
- Fridays | 9:30-10am | All Ages
- 12/11: Hanukkah
- 1/29: Tu B’Shevat
- 2/26 Purim
- 3/19 Passover
- 4/16 Israel Shabbat Party
- 5/14 Shavuot
Join the Early Childhood Education department for a free special themed interactive Shabbat party live on Zoom or our JCC Facebook page. Visit facebook.com/JCCLV. Contact: Ally Wiener-Avraham ([email protected])
[email protected] & JCC Shabbat Havdalah
- Saturday, 1/9 | 6-7pm | All Ages
Join us via Zoom for a Havdalah grab-and-go virtual program as we will count stars, sing songs, light the havdalah candle, and recite the havdalah blessing over juice as we say goodbye to Shabbat. Pick up grab-and-go bags with crafts and goodies* at the JCC Thursday, 1/7 from 3:30-5pm or Friday, 1/8 from 8:30am-5:00pm.
*Advance registration is required by Friday, 1/1. Contact: Ally Wiener-Avraham ([email protected]) | REGISTER
Tu B’Shevat Scavenger Hunt
- Sunday, 1/24 | 3-5pm | All Ages
- Price per family: $12 | JCC Members: $10
SAVE THE DATE:
Community Purim Event
- Sunday, 2/21 | 12-3pm | All Ages
Community Passover Program
- Sunday, 3/21 | 3-5pm | All Ages
If you would like to check out some of our previous events, please visit our Facebook page.