|REQUEST MORE INFORMATION||SCHEDULE A TOUR|
(6 weeks of age through transition age of 13-15 months)
Infancy is one of the most amazing periods of human growth. More intellectual growth occurs in the first three years of life than at any other time. Infants absorb information every minute of the day. They do this by chewing and tasting, listening, babbling, and eventually producing words. They rattle and drop, touch, feel, explore, and discover. The rapid growth in the first three years of life is nothing short of miraculous.
The Mazel Tots curriculum is based largely on the activities of daily living. When we refer to curriculum, we are referring to the environment, people, and routines, as well as, specific activities. First and foremost, the children in this age group learn trust. They can trust and depend on their caregivers to meet their needs and keep them safe. The school’s developmental-interaction approach to first educational experiences stresses the importance of materials and development of social skills. The role of the teachers is to serve as facilitators of learning.
MAZEL TOTS INCLUDES:
- Stimulation in all domains of learning - social, emotional, intellectual and physical
- Music Together® - Participation in an international music and movement program
- Blocks, dramatic play and sensory experiences
- Art activities done with non-toxic materials
- Gym class with accredited gym teachers
- Infants have designated time for movement, control, and coordination
- Participation in the celebration of the early arrival of Shabbat as a school community
- Flexible enrollment - Full or part time
- Excellent communication between parents and teachers - Daily written reports for each child
To enroll your infant in our Mazel Tots program at the JCC, please contact Alexa Karakos by calling 610.435.3571 ext. 127 or at [email protected].