Code of Conduct
The JCC is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members, visitors and staff.
To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facilities or participating in our programs and abide by the following policies:
- All persons shall enter the JCC and Early Childhood Center in an authorized manner (i.e., thumb print, swipe card or buzzed in).
- All children under the age of 10 years old must be supervised at all times.
- The JCC is a multi-use facility; attire appropriate to the activity is required.
- All people are required to adhere to the posted schedules for usage of all our facilities including the gym, public areas, pools, fitness center, etc.
- All people using the JCC are expected to behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of other members, guests, visitors and staff.
- Any suspicious or inappropriate behaviors shall be reported to the JCC staff. JCC staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
- Packages or bags shall not be left unattended at any time. People shall report any unattended packages to the JCC staff.
- Members are only permitted to post flyers, posters and/or announcements on JCC bulletin boards with prior permission of our Marketing Director.
- Members will not engage in any disruptive actions including but not limited to:
- Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name-calling or shouting;
- Physical contact with another person in any angry way or threatening way;
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person;
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior;
- Theft or behavior that results in destruction of property;
- Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices or objects that may be perceived as weapons;
- Smoking is not permitted in or outside the JCC. The JCC and its property are smoke-free environments;
- Use or possession of illegal substances on JCC property, in JCC vehicles or at JCC sponsored programs;
- Loitering on JCC property;
- Aids or abets in the unauthorized entrance of any person;
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature
The JCC, through its Executive Director and Board of Directors, reserves the right to remove from the premises any individual acting in an inappropriate manner and further reserves the right for further disciplinary actions including, but not limited to, the cancellation of membership.