SCHOOL HOURS: 7:30am - 6:00pm
OUR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Infants (6 weeks) | Young Toddlers | Older Toddlers | Preschool | Prekindergarten | Full Day Kindergarten
At the Jewish Community Center of the Lehigh Valley, we recognize each child's unique and special abilities and encourage appreciation and acceptance of all. We develop a warm, nurturing relationship with children and their families, which is how we show all children that we care deeply about them. We express joy in who they are, helping them to feel safe and secure.
At the JCC, children of all faiths are embraced. The JCC proudly teaches Jewish values such as charity, kindness and taking care of the world in which we live. In addition, children celebrate Jewish and Israeli culture through food, song and story. The Early Childhood Education Department of the JCC celebrates Jewish culture in a fun, inclusive way.
WHAT MAKES OUR SCHOOL DIFFERENT?
- Music, gym and swimming taught by specialized instructors are included in our program
- Outstanding enrichment programs
- We are more than just a school - we are a community center offering many family oriented activities
- Multi-generational program
- Wonderful special summer opportunities and activities
- Play at the J Program
WHAT MAKES OUR SCHOOL QUALITY?
- Holding ourselves to a high standard of excellence in education
- Integration of the PA Learning Standards into all we do
- Learning environments that encourage exploration, discovery, independence and respect
- An educational approach that addresses the entire emotional, social, physical and intellectual being of each child
As a Keystone STAR center, we are continually striving to improve.
- The classrooms include engaging learning centers and materials to foster individual developmental experiences for children
- Outdoor playgrounds are appropriate for all ages and stages
- Indoor pool where weekly instruction for all Pre-K and Kindergarten students is included in the program
- Full size gym with weekly instruction with our fitness teachers
- Music classroom where instruction for all students - infants through Kindergarten happens each week
- Library designed for early literacy experiences
- Multipurpose areas for indoor and outdoor fun
- Kitchen on each floor for children's cooking activities
OUR TEACHING STAFF
- From years of experience to degrees in Early Childhood Education, our teachers are well qualified to facilitate the best learning environment possible
- Professional development is a priority for all staff. All have current certifications in First Aid, CPR, and AED as well as Epi-Pen training
- Warm and caring professionals who are committed to the children and their families
- Our staff understand the importance and value of quality communication and practice it through daily reports, newsletters, emails and conversations
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Controlled access to areas of the building housing children’s programs. Only parents and designated caregivers have entrance rights
- Monthly fire drills and lockdown procedures are reviewed
- Annual child-engaged fire safety programs
- All supervision guidelines are followed closely
SENSITIVITY TO ALLERGIES AND GOOD HEALTH
- We encourage all families to pack healthy, well balanced lunches
- The JCC is a peanut and tree nut free center. We are very sensitive to the special needs of all our children
- The JCC is a Kosher style facility, which means we do not mix meat and milk products or permit pork or shellfish. Additional information furnished upon request
- Healthy snacks are served daily
- Each classroom posts pictures with allergy information for quick reference by all staff (including substitutes)
- All the classrooms practice good health and safety practices. Hand washing and sanitizing are both an important and frequent part of our daily schedule
The JCC welcomes applications from all interested persons. While we look at our program goals and objectives through a Jewish lens, we do not discriminate on the basis of economic, racial, cultural, ethnic, religious, linguistic or physical differences. We are open to all regardless of sexual orientation or political beliefs.